Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Student Project

Integrating technology with everyday learning is essential in the 21st century classroom. My 5th grade students will be exploring angles, lines, and shapes next week. I want them to think outside the box with our geometry unit. For this study, the students will get digital cameras to go out into the school and capture real life lines, angles, and shapes. They will then upload these pictures onto the picnik site (yes it's closing in April, but head's up, everyone gets free premiere status until then) and experiment with different editing tools. The students will then upload their pictures onto edmodo and answer specific questions assigned by me. I will post blogs this week as the unit progresses. I only meet with each class 30 minutes a day so it will take us an entire week to complete the project. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment